We're RecruitingPublished 10/07/2017
Do you have what it takes to lead our team?
Operations Manager – circa £37,500 per annum, Co. Durham
CDC Enterprise Agency is a social enterprise committed to developing individuals in our local area to develop their skills, confidence and experience to ultimately set up and grow their own businesses.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and preferably experienced Operations Manager - ideally with a background in an Enterprise Agency or business support environment - to lead and manage our dynamic team, and our evolving business. You will report directly to our Board of Directors to help develop and execute our strategy, ensuring that we are delivering a brilliant experience and the highest quality service to all clients, stakeholders and partners.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an ambitious Operations Manager looking for their next challenge and, above all, an opportunity to do something positive and meaningful, supporting 100’s of local individuals every year to make positive changes in their lives to both help themselves and their local communities. It's also an opportunity to work for a leading, well respected Enterprise Agency dedicated to promoting enterprise across all aspects of our local communities.
You will be joining a small team of enthusiastic and dedicated people. You will need to be confident, highly motivated and able to build rapport with people and be able to represent the Agency at all levels.
Experience in operational / business management - especially in the business support industry - will be a clear advantage, as will experience of managing people, projects, partners / suppliers, and business operations.
Applications in the form of a CV and covering letter outlining how you meet the person specification to be received by no later than 5pm on Friday 4th August 2017. Applications received after this time will not be considered.
Please send completed applications to:
Joe Murray, CDC Enterprise Agency, MILE House, Bridge End, Chester-le-Street, Co. Durham, DH3 3RA
Alternatively applications via email can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Initial interviews are scheduled to take place w/c 14th August 2017. Applicants will need to be available then.
Job Description and Person Specification
Chester-le-Street & Consett, Co. Durham
All staff at CDC Enterprise Agency
Full time, 35 hours per week with regular evening and some weekend work required.
Circa £37,500 per annum
To lead the development and management of CDC Enterprise Agency’s business support services to ensure that they are sufficiently resourced and delivered to the highest possible standards.
- To lead the planning, delivering and development of the Agencies business support service to ensure an excellent customer service experience that serves to both retain existing and attract new clients and potential revenue opportunities.
- To performance manage new and existing contracts including New Enterprise Allowance, training (both accredited and non-accredited), enterprise coaching and existing business support.
- To lead on the marketing and promotion of the Agencies to ensure a consistent level of new enquiries.
- To lead a team of staff to deliver exceptional performance against the contracts identified above.
- To manage relationships with key stakeholders and customers – including Durham County Council, local Enterprise Agencies, Business Durham and others.
- To plan and manage budgets with accountability for all expenditure and to liaise with the Company Secretary to produce financial reports for the Board.
- To ensure that the working environments are safe for clients and staff and are conducive to productive working.
- To oversee the management of the Agency’s business centres and to ensure to support tenants as appropriate
- To lead on achievement of and delivery against the Agency’s quality standards, including Customer First.
- To represent the Agency at external events, meetings and fora.
- To undertake any other duties that may be considered commensurate with the post.
Experience – essential
- Managing a team and ensuring team performance at the highest level.
- Evidence of senior management experience in business support or similar industry
- Experience of complex project management
- Experience of working in a client focused environment
- Experience of identifying funding streams
- Experience of bid writing
Skills and Abilities – essential
- Management and leadership skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Effective team building skills
- Ability to collect, collate and present information clearly and concisely
- Strong decision making ability
- Financial / Budget management skills
- Project management skills
Knowledge – essential
- Understanding of and commitment to equality and diversity
- Knowledge of business support industry
- Knowledge of contracting and tendering processes
- Understanding of the role of Enterprise in developing community and the local economy
- Understanding of issues surrounding small business, enterprise and entrepreneurship
Qualifications – essential
- Minimum degree level qualification in business or related discipline (or equivalent experience).